At Pike Systems, we understand the challenges currently facing healthcare facilities and have custom tailored an approach to respond to and address these challenges. It is important to understand that the acquisition cost itself for housekeeping supplies and equipment is a very small part of the total cost. As a result, our approach is heavily focused on labor deployment, standardized processes, and documented routine training for the housekeeping staff.
- Pressure to reduce operating costs – cited again this year, for the sixth time in a row, as the top Issue Confronting Hospitals according to ACHE’s annual survey
- Healthcare reform bill will soon require hospitals to publish infection rates. In 2012, these infection rates will directly impact healthcare revenue linked to government programs such as Medicare and Medicaid.
- Patients have a choice and medical facilities are force to compete for their business
- There is a high expectation of cleanliness in the healthcare environment – higher than most other settings
Our focus is centered on providing clean and safe patient environments along with cutting edge processes and cleaning technology. Our goals in the healthcare setting include:
- Justification of the housekeeping budget – How many FTE’s do you need to clean and what should your supply costs be?
- Maximizing staff productivity both through increases mechanization and streamlined cleaning processes
- Improved cleanliness levels that are verifiable through scientific testing methods
- Increased emphasis on environmentally friendly cleaning practices that integrate all components of cleaning taking green further than just the product level
- Prevention of hospital-acquired infections
- An increased focus on patient care and patient and staff satisfaction levels
Our Core Values
Every janitorial supply company has its own culture that embodies its values. These values are evident in all dealings with clients. Pike Systems was founded with some very definite ideas on how a janitorial supply should operate. We believe that our clients deserve free advice and training regarding the many issues that surround cleaning today. At Pike Systems our reputation is built on providing our clients with the knowledge and advice that they need to operate successfully.
We are entrepreneurs
Pike Systems has an entrepreneurial culture. The freedom given to each member of the Pike Systems team allows us to accurately and efficiently respond to our client’s needs.
We are problem solvers
Our interests are aligned with our clients’ strategic and long-term goals. We take your problems and search for viable solutions.
We are a team
Our clients benefit from the collective wisdom of the firm. No client is served without the assistance of many Pike Systems employees. We believe that functioning as a team brings you the best service possible in the most efficient manner.
We learn by listening
We know that we are only valuable if we are able to assist you. We take time to listen. We take time to understand. We ask for clarification when needed. We believe that listening lays the foundation for a successful long-term relationship.
We provide quality
Value is created in many ways: through quality products, effective training programs, consistent client support, and on-time deliveries and error free-processing.
We are a business partner
We know that you are not looking for more supplies or equipment; you are looking for better results. You are looking for solutions to your problems — solutions, we can provide. As your business partner, we take this relationship very seriously and work to make you successful.